Free Books for Schools: How it Works
- Signing up for the program is easy. You can
Join Now online.
- Participating schools will receive a school-specific website URL
which must be used when books are purchased. Purchases
made using the company's main website will not provide credit with respect
to this program.
- Once a quarter (August, November, February, and May), Per Se Press will deliver free books to your school, along with a report indicating the purchases made via your school’s website for which you are receiving free books.
- If you wish to distribute books based on teacher or classroom, someone
at your school (e.g., principal, secretary, volunteer) must review the report
and allocate books based on his/her knowledge of your students and their families.
- We ask that you help spread the word within your school and parent
community. Some schools do this via email newsletters, their websites, paper newsletters, or
"Homework Folders" that contain materials that come how with students each week. Per Se Press will
provide templates of memos and notices your school can use to communicate with parents about the program.
- At the appropriate times during the school year (Aug/Sep, Dec, and May/Jun), you distribute copies of these flyers to the parents of grade-appropriate students via your standard mechanism for communicating with parents (e.g., “Friday Folders”).
If you are a principal or school administrator interested in participating in this program,
please Join Now. It is free and easy.
If you're interested, you can review the
list of currently participating schools.
If you are a member of your school's PTA (or a similar group) or an active parent
volunteer and would like to see your school participate in this program, please
contact us. Together, we can fill your school
with many free copies of Young Writers’ Toolkit.
If you represent a school district, county, or state, please
contact us. This program is a great way to get this valuable
reference book into the hands of students in all of your schools.
Per Se Press is committed to helping teachers and schools support students' passion
for writing, and improve students' writing skills. We hope you'll take advantage of
this unique program to get these valuable reference books into your school's classrooms
and into the hands of your students.